Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Day 4 to 6

Despite a tight schedule, I still managed to keep up with the 7 day challenge, through #mycreativetouches. There are many talented people on the instragram page. Which makes my simple illustrations, look downright primitive, in comparison. But it's not about being measured against others, rather, finding something new within yourself.

And I've discovered a lot during days, 4 to 6...


Day 4
~ eccentric, to add interest


Day 5
~ feeling boxed in, with male options


Day 6
~ noticing a pattern for spirals, favouring one gender


I discovered the difference between drawing men and women, was challenging in the marks made. Women were easier to incorporate spirals, because of their long hair, curvaceous figures, interesting accessories and headpieces. The spirals seemed to be an afterthought, with men, however. More of a background accessory, than part of their form, or what they were wearing. It felt more disconnected.

I'll attempt to address that on day 7, however, I can see myself exploring beyond the 7 day challenge. It ends tomorrow, and I'll reveal what I learned throughout this particular, illustrative series.

2 comments:

  1. You're right. Spirals aren't for men. I love your drawings though. Wish I could be so spontaneous with a pencil/pen :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I think I will attempt a few more guys, to see if I can find an edge I haven't exploited yet! I know there's got to be a way to make it work, I just haven't discovered it yet, lol.

      Delete