Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 5 mini challenge

When day 5 came around, it struck me, I wanted to do a self portrait. All this creating had revealed a little more about my creative style, so I wanted to see how that would translate into a portrait.

I chose charcoal pencils as my sketching medium.




It looks rather ordinary compared to how I feel. I could have done mad colour combinations, because that's how I'm feeling about creating right now. I'm loving the excitement of looking at the world differently. So why didn't I portray that in my self-portrait? Because charcoal is gritty, like I've had to be, over the past five days.

I've had terrible scheduling conflicts, with this particular challenge. I've had to just dig-in and persevere. But I also like the calming qualities that working with charcoal, seems to give me. Could it be, because it's a natural medium of the earth?


No comments:

Post a Comment