Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 3 mini challenge

So day three of the mini challenge, happened to fall on Father's Day. Unfortunately, David had to work. It did afford me the opportunity to turn my mini challenge, into a Father's day card, however.




David is not into sports cars or golf, but he does like Fedora hats, ties and smart attire! He's also partial to the colour red. So the theme was really decided by the things David likes. I enjoyed being able to make him a custom card, rather than having to sort through the limited options available at the store.




I used inktense pencils, and really wanted to use acrylic paint. I didn't have any in red through, so I went with the inktense pencils. Which meant it got more of a scratchy treatment than I would have liked. I was hoping for a more smooth finish. Thankfully, it was more forgiving as a 3D card, better than a flat image.

David like it too, which was the most important thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment