Sunday, January 4, 2015

The process

Getting back into the swing of making art, has had its ups and downs. There's been a lot of fun rediscovering what I like doing so much, but there's also been a few negative side effects. Mostly to do with balancing everything and self-confidence. I think this is normal for starting anything new in life.

Which is why I wanted to share a few articles I found which were relevant. There's a lovely blog by Lianne Williams, a UK based artist, and her thoughts on The Unhealthy Artist. Also, a guest post on her blog, written by The Angry Dog, called Fear and loathing at the drawing board.

The last one is especially funny, and if you cannot relate to all the points in bold, you can at least relate to some.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It WAS funny:) and I could relate to Angry Dog but not so much to Lianne Williams. I think that it's as you said on my blog- when it stops being fun it's hardly worth it. I enjoy working hard and I've learned to tune out those inner voices. I also think that the more art a person does the more self evaluation becomes productive rather than hurtful or I hope so. It's been the case for me- I really don't get attached enough to worry about mistakes as I've told you.
    But there are those moments when I too am horrified to discover that I bought the wrong pen! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, we've all been there. In my case, it was the wrong set of watercolours, lol.

    ReplyDelete