Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sunshine!

Something exciting has started. It's a weekly prompt hosted by Linda at The Daily Art Tattler. It's where artists can come together and share their ideas, around one simple subject matter. This time, the prompt is sunshine! I asked my husband for a prompt and he decided that sunshine may be a place to start.

For more details, visit Linda's post on how the weekly prompt works - for this round. Final pictures need to be submitted by the 31st of December. It's meant to be a fun exercise, simply creating and enjoying the exchange between other participants.

I started my idea in a sketch first, and have chosen the medium, which will be revealed at a later time...


Click to enlarge


I thought about the prompt "sunshine" for a while, tossing between light and shadows - possibly even byproducts of sunshine, like eggs and sunflowers. In the end however, settled on something completely different on a whim.

Did you ever have something you would doodle a lot, while killing time in high school? I started out with swirls on paper, but they soon evolved into heads with hair that swirled. I don't know why, they just did. Maybe the confusion of adolescence had something to do with it?

So this is very much a tip of my hat in that direction, and we'll have to see where the sunshine takes us!

4 comments:

  1. I love it. She looks like a Goddess to me. The swirls are very "sunny" and I like the freedom that they give to the image. I also enjoy that you didn't go for the more literal or association type of imagery that comes with the word itself (I probably will be doing it that way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) For some reason I couldn't do a literal association. Even though, most of the time, that is what I like to do!

    I went with something completely random instead - these swirly hair characters I used to like drawing in class. I decided to interpret the prompt sunshine, through that image, and discovered refracted light. Only when I finished her, did I realise she was transforming the sunlight, like a vessel of glass or water.

    I'm very much looking forward to what you're doing for the prompt. I bet it is exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you mean and I peaked so I am going over to your new post to have a closer look in a minute. I also thought of light-fractured light…I'll update it tomorrow as its unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have a few more days, so take your time. I just got eager and posted early, lol.

      Delete