Friday, December 12, 2014

Cat

I was looking for a new subject to capture - ultimately in collage, and so made a few preliminary sketches of our two-year old cat. She's somewhat of an animated character in real life, so much so, she's been nicknamed the assassin.


Click all images to enlarge


Here, she's playing with a pool of water, after a thunderstorm passed through. The fuzzy picture, was created unintentionally by changing the lines slightly - giving a ghost shadow.




Out for a kitty prowl in the late afternoon...




I drew this from memory, of the peaceful expression she can sometimes have while napping. It's very Buddhist, Zen, isn't it? Cats sleeping, that is. Apart from a sloth, can anything sleep more deeply than a cat?

I already know which sketch I'm going to collage with, but I may try and experiment with more.

If you see any newsprint on the pictures, its because I use recycled print paper to sketch on sometimes. Waste nothing.


5 comments:

  1. These are really good sketches that capture the personality of a cat. lol. Expressive in other words. The middle one is so interesting-she is looking like a cat looks moments before stopping in order to wiggle its butt in preparation to pounce. And yes, the bottom one is very Zen-very at peace with itself. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The many faces of a cat, lol.

      Delete
    2. I look forward to seeing what you are brewing there in your kitchen studio:)

      Delete
  2. Well, I like cats so they're winners to me! This is a great way to share your creative endeavors plus keep a record for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are quite delightful and all have unique personalities. Having an online journal helps keep me organised, although you wouldn't think so, to look at the state of my house at the moment, lol. Two kids and school holidays - need I say more. ;)

    ReplyDelete